After concentrating on single deck purchases during the early 1950s, double deckers came back into favour with Ribble from 1955 and the company ordered 120 Leyland Titan PD2s with both Metro Cammel and Burlingham bodywork. Burlingham was of course a product of Blackpool origins that later became Duple, more commonly associated with coaches than buses in later years.
45 Burlingham bodied Titans entered service in 1956, Nos.1431 - 1475 (reg. JCK506-550) and the majority of these had rear platform doors fitted. No.1455 entered service in July 1956 and spent much of its life at Blackpool’s Talbot Road depot with a spell at Preston in 1957/8. It was withdrawn in November 1971 and was purchased by a dealer based in Glasgow. In July 1972 it moved to Williamson’s of Gauldry in Fife who had something of a liking for ex-Ribble buses.
After six years further service it passed to a farmer called Ferguson in Friockheim, Angus where it was used to transport raspberry pickers. This area had a plethora of fruit farms, many of which owned old buses to transport workers to and around the premises. 1455 survived on the farm until February 1996 when it passed into private preservation in St. Andrews.
By 1999, No. 1455 had found its way into the Ribble Vehicle Preservation Trust's collection along with sister bus No. 1467. The latter was found to be a better prospect for long term preservation by the RVPT and 1455 was unfortunately heavily stripped for spare parts.
Thankfully, No. 1455 was offered to the FTT for further preservation and it joined the collection in August 2019. No. 1455 currently awaits remedial attention before becoming an active member in the fleet. But, as a Blackpool built and Blackpool based bus it is now, truly, home.